Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Twenty Five

    I'm finding that being 25 is becoming a defining age for me.  I can't say that any one thing has made this so, but it seems with every passing week, and month, I'm learning something new about myself.  
I've always said that I know who I am.  I'm a child of God.  I'm a divine daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me and knows me.  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints, and I'm not afraid to say it.  I have a testimony of it that I won't ever deny, can't deny.  If I've ever been questioned about these things, I've found me asking myself if I did really believe these things, and I do.  It always come back to that.  
   But even though these things are, I believe, my spiritual core, it's the only thing I can say about myself.  And not that this is a bad thing.  I'm glad that I have it.  I truly think I'd be lost without it.  I guess, this last year has kind of wakened myself to this realization.  I had my second baby, I went to way too many funerals, and I found out a lot about myself that I didn't like, and found a lot of things I want to work on, while enjoying life, because it's way too short.  Life is a journey, right?  I think it should have meaning.  It should be enjoyable.  I should laugh about things that would make me lose my temper too quickly. I've been told more than once that I need to lighten up, be funny, laugh when I think something is funny.  I should be able to wade a little further than ankle-deep water and not be so afraid that a shark is going to eat me. (That's what I think of when I see the above picture.)  I want to leave a mark.  Do something great.  If nothing else, I want my husband and kids to have a wife and mother that is confident in who she is, and is happy with herself, and life.  Join me.  Tell me what defines you.  What do you like?  What do you want to do with your life?  What do you want to be to others that know you, and those that don't?  I want to learn, I want to be good at something, I want to learn from others and maybe be a person that others can learn from too.  I want to know everything about me, and my family, what makes them tick, and I want to make them know that they are the most important thing in my world, I want my home to feel like home, and I want it to feel that way to others, I want to be the best wife and mom,  I want to live my life, and love it.   This is where I am going to track my progress on becoming the me that the Lord intended for me to be when he sent me here.  I'm going to put things I like, things I don't, things I find that I love, things I want to do.  So, here we go.  

1 comment:

  1. Marilee, I love this! I too have been thinking about the same things lately and I just want to be a better person! Thank you for this, you have inspired me and I too hope I can be a better me! Good luck on your journey!
    Danyelle Aders Hatch

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?