Monday, January 31, 2011

Something I love

I think I alway have and always will love Sunday dinner.  Just something about coming home from church, the house is clean, and there is good food to make.  I think I've struggled getting into my own Sunday dinner-making groove. I always remember being younger and by the time we got home from church, the house smelled like a yummy roast, and homemade rolls.  my favorite thing then, was finding a blanket and curling up in a chair in the living room and falling asleep until it was time to eat.  My mother was and still is an amazing cook.  I wish I felt like I had inherited some of that.  I think I do OK, but man, I love going to my parent's house on Sunday for this reason.  Making it takes all the tastiness out of it!  And then I feel guilty, because I wonder if it's the same for my mom.  We should probably cook for her and Dad, waaaaaaaaaay more often.
Anyways, yesterday, I actually had a plan for Sunday dinner.  And it was yummy.  But I can't take all the credit.  My wonderful hubby cooked the meat, which was, in my opinion, the best part of the meal.
But, the whole afternoon just made me remember how enjoyable Sunday afternoons can be.  Quiet music with no words, slightly foggy outside, warm smells from the kitchen and sitting around the table.  I love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?