Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Want to Know

How do you all you lovely moms and ladies keep your houses clean?  I mean, really.  Do you have a list you go by every day?  does it just bug you so bad when it's messy that you must clean it OR ELSE?
  I struggle.  The days that the house is clean, I haven't accomplished anything else.  When I've accomplished other things, the house is a mess.  If I work in the yard, the house suffers.  If I work in the house, the yard suffers.  I can't seem to find that happy medium.
  I know it's not the most important thing in the world and that spending the time with my kids, teaching them, playing with them, is by far more important.  But I love it clean.  You would think it would be enough to motivate me.  Right now, this picture would look very different.  There is a beehive (empty of course) in the middle of the room, flowers that were picked from outside on the floor, books on every cushion of the couch and it's dusty.  I need to just go do it. But really, if you have a way that works for you, tell me about it.  I want to see if it works for me.  Not just cleaning either; organizing, cleaning, keeping it clean, whatever.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. It's a whole day process. I've learned to tidy every night for about 30-45 minutes after the kids go to bed. I use chlorox wipes to speed up the process. I try to give my kids chores like dusting or vacuuming. I've learned to just not care as much. I deep clean my house about every 2-3 weeks. One thing that worked pretty well for me is taking one day a week and just cleaning until it's all done. I neglect my kids for the day (i.e. it's movie day) but it frees me up immensely for the rest of the week. Let me know if you find any other methods. I'm always up for new tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always did a "pick up" before I went to bed...just a general putting stuff away so that when I got up in the morning I wasn't faced with an overwhelming mess! Also...less stuff means less mess! Dejunk!
    -Shawn

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?